Membership in the Network of Black Business and Professional Women (NB2PW) is open to Black female professionals, commissioned sales representatives, women in business, and entrepreneurs. NB2PW has an open-membership policy meaning that women in the same area of business, and profession can join the Network.
Members of the Network must fulfill one of the following criteria
- Job title starting at the senior, supervisor, or managerial level
- Responsibility (including direct reports).
- Accountability or responsible for outcome
- Education & Professional Licenses & Designations
- Held or holds office in an organization in a leadership capacity comparable to #1.
- Professional Designations & Licenses
- Active member in good stand with the licensing bodies of a professional organization and is self-employed.
Awards, Honour & Recognition
Awards, honours, or recognitions are subject to further scrutiny for acceptance by the Executive
- Enrolled in the final year of a University degree program, or
- Enrolled in the final year of an education/training program that will lead to a professional designation by a licensed body, or
- Recently graduated from one of the above programs (within the past 2 years)
Membership Benefits Per Plan
|Year-round logo/business card placement where applicable along with elevator pitch about yourself, business, and/or service on NB2 website|
|Right of first refusal in cases where special-offer/limited opportunities are presented to Network members (Speaker requests,et passes, certain prizes)|
|Opportunity to become a member of a preferred audience/seating with select VIPs at Networking Events|
|Year-round featured member on NB2 website||3 month feature|
|Qualifies for additional considerations for NB2 events and promotions including monthly Networking Sessions, Key-Note Speaker, Network merchandise, and packages where applicable|
|Opportunity to purchase business advertising|
|Listing in the Membership directory on the NB2 website(optional)|
|Access to discounts with Network Community Partners|
|Opportunity to meet regularly with other member and mentors to share ideas and resources in a supportive forum|
|Opportunity to meet potential clients and increase referral base & network endoresment via social media|
|Full support of the Network for award nominations and scholarship recommendations in the broader community|
|Opportunity to participate and have fun at monthly Networking Sessions as an attendee or a **co-sponsor/presenter|
|Opportunity to build/hone leadership and other skills through participation on the Executive or Advisory Teams of NB2|
|Participate in corporate/professional civic and community philanthropy through NB2 events.|
|Opportunity to become an NBTwist Blogger on NB2 website as well as participate in other social media posts and discussions(i.e Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin pages).|
|Opportunity to connect and conduct business with other professionals and women in business|
|NB2PW Network Membership card|
*Virtual members reside and work outside of Ottawa and its surrounding districts.
**Co-sponsors pay a small fee of $40 for expenses which include: audio visual, photography, refreshments, room rental, gifts and/or honorariums. Advance arrangement required.