NB2PW is member-driven and there are several way in which you can become an active member. If you are still unclear whether your job, skill-set, education, or experience fit within the membership description, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 613-422-9188. Our aim is to be inclusive and to empower. The number one criterion for membership in NB2PW is to give of your time, sponsorship, or referrals. Example:
- Join an ongoing team: Treasury, Marketing and Communication, Membership Services, or Events Planning
- Assist on the day of event/session: Prepare swag bags, door and collections, assist special-guests
- Join a specific team to plan/execute a specific Event: Black History Month (February), International Women’s Day (March), Mother’s Day (May), Dancing Under the Stars (June), Mixer in the Market (January, April, July, & August), Anniversary celebration (September), Annual Christmas Cocktail (December).
- Prepare/design posters, send out press releases and give your editorial services.
- Become a Facebook Work /website administrator
- Become a regular Nb2wist blogger – see categories
- Become a speaker
- Become a networking session/events moderator/welcoming team member
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
- Sponsor our monthly meetings, Networking Sessions and/or a Specific Event:
1. Every month each attendee leaves our Networking Sessions with a swag bag of business cards of fellow attendees as well as promotional items, coupons, samples etc. from or session sponsors. The Networking Session sponsors also provide cash/door prizes and gifts to our guest speakers. These are usually lower dollar outlays. The average Networking Session has 15-50 attendees. Guest speaker gift is in the $50 range and can be a gift item, coupon, service or gift certificate.
2. Event sponsors purchase advertising in the NB2 program brochures, donate gift cards, coupons, door prizes which are generally larger outlays. Specific Events usually attract over 100 attendees. Speaker-gifts (not including speaker-fees) are usually in the $100 range and can be a gift item/service/gift certificate.
- Assist in finding sponsors
- Become a Community Discount Partner: Community Discount Partners offer discounts and other incentives to card-carrying, paid-up NB2PW members in a bi-directional loyalty program.
- Recommend/solicit Partners
- Recommend speakers
- Recommend groups/events with which we can collaborate
- Find suitable venue/location for events and Networking Sessions